Withdrawing from Schools Where I Already Made a Deposit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osugirl2021

Reaction score
There are two school where I made a deposit to save my seat. However, I decided on a different school yesterday. I can get half the deposit back if I compose a written letter of withdrawal sent to the schools. Does this need to be handwritten or typed with a handwritten signature? Also, any tips on how to phrase my withdrawal to remain professional? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just send an email, that’s what I did and had my seat withdrawn/deposit refunded. Just be honest that you accepted elsewhere, I think they expect these kinds of things to happen.

Reactions: 1 user
There are two school where I made a deposit to save my seat. However, I decided on a different school yesterday. I can get half the deposit back if I compose a written letter of withdrawal sent to the schools. Does this need to be handwritten or typed with a handwritten signature? Also, any tips on how to phrase my withdrawal to remain professional? Thanks!
Did this actually work? My understanding is that they won't give anything back once you have provided a deposit and it is lost money.

Every school is different with their deposit fees. Some schools are 100% refundable, some are 50%, some are 0%--need to do your research! But usually the deposit goes toward first-year tuition if you stick with them.