Withdrawing from an unneeded course after pharmacy school acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakeshow32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into a pharmacy program and I'm currently taking a class (Physics 2) which is not needed by that school. Do you think it would be a bad idea to withdraw out of the course?

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted into a pharmacy program and I'm currently taking a class (Physics 2) which is not needed by that school. Do you think it would be a bad idea to withdraw out of the course?
Nope.. But what kind of pharm school wouldn't require physics?

My pharmacy school only requires 4 credits of physics, which I have already completed by taking physics 1. I'm currently taking physics 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
My pharmacy school only requires 4 credits of physics, which I have already completed by taking physics 1. I'm currently taking physics 2.

It depends on your school. For example numerous schools in my area have given me reply saying that you only need the required classes but if you do get a UW (unofficial withdrawal), F, or incomplete, you may be subject to secondary look on your profile.

I am currently taking physics 2 when my schools only need 4 credits like you. You have to contact them and let them know that you didnt want to take the class because its not needed and will save you financially at the moment due to the removal of a class.

We can easily tell you that its fine to withdraw but make sure your school will give you a partial withdrawal (which is you get refunded half your money for that paid class) and will they take it negatively.

All in all, speak to the school and email the dean.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your answer!

The very next day after I made this post I called the pharmacy school and they assured me that withdrawing from that course will not harm me whatsoever. Its probably best to suck it up and call and I'm glad I did.

Side note: Physics 2 has been much easier than physics 1 and I wish I took it instead. I kind of want to finish physics 2 but I have 4 more exams plus the labs, I rather focus on orgo lab lol.

Thank you for your answer!

The very next day after I made this post I called the pharmacy school and they assured me that withdrawing from that course will not harm me whatsoever. Its probably best to suck it up and call and I'm glad I did.

Side note: Physics 2 has been much easier than physics 1 and I wish I took it instead. I kind of want to finish physics 2 but I have 4 more exams plus the labs, I rather focus on orgo lab lol.
If you dont me asking, what school is that? You can pm me the name if you want. And great it worked out for you, generally it does but again depends on school as other poster said.