Withdrawing from Medical School

Started by RaaMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know someone who's contemplating withdrawing from their medical school because they don't like it there. Is it possible to apply again to other school once this has been done?
 
Sure it's possible, but he/she is going to have to be able to give a fantastic answer when adcoms ask why he/she dropped out. Things like "I didnt like the other students/faculty" or "I didnt like the neighborhood" aren't going to cut it.
 
If they don't like their school (as opposed to wanting to quit med school altogether), they can just transfer after their second year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.