Withdrawing from schools..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankeefan86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been accepted to my top choices and even had an interview at my reach school. My application went through, in early august....However I still have a number of schools that still say received/under review on my AADSAS application such as maryland, howard, BU. Should I just withdraw my application from those schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok I have been accepted to my top choices and even had an interview at my reach school. My application went through, in early august....However I still have a number of schools that still say received/under review on my AADSAS application such as maryland, howard, BU. Should I just withdraw my application from those schools?

I don't really see the need. I guess you could if you wanted to be courteous and didn't want to waste any adcom's time. If it was me, I would just never go back to AADSAS ever again lol

You should in the sense that it may open up an interview for someone else. Plus, if you withdraw, your AADSAS status will say "Withdrew Before Action" instead of "Application Denied" so you'll feel a little better about it lol.

Members don't see this ad :)

Out of courtesy for other applicants who are still waiting to get a shot at an interview and/or acceptance, and also having gotten into my top choice, I had to withdraw my application from 9 schools (soon to be 10). It makes no sense to hold those spots, since you've already been accepted to your top choices. I'm sure the adcoms would also appreciate it.

at this point if you havent heard back from a school, you're probably not getting in. I dont think withdrawing will do anything for anyone at this point. If you want to be a nice guy then I guess you can withdraw but it wont give anyone else "your spot."