withdrawing your application pls help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulips111

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to apply to a diff specialty at a hospital where I have already applied to. Should I withdraw my application for say program A that I have already submitted my application for and then apply to the program B that I now want to apply to( they are not different tracks but different specialties).

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it matters much if you don't plan to interview at both. If you are 100% sure that you don't want your "first application", then feel free to withdraw it. If you get rejected by your second application, you could still interview at your first.

I can't imagine that PD's would compare notes about people who didn't interview at all. That would be pretty insane. Just be polite and don't do something when turning an interview down that would make you stand out.

I was scared in case all the applications are routed through the GME department then they may find out that I applied to both which may seem insincere and I may land up with rejections from both(something like a do not interview tag on my file).
So it's ok to apply to the other program without withdrawing from the first.

Thanks a ton for your time.