1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Withdrew from a MPH program -- Will I be able to still get into a DO program?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by amoxicillin, Mar 30, 2004.

1. amoxicillin

amoxicillin Membership Revoked
    Removed

I did the program for 1 semester (got 3 A+) but withdrew because the concentration I was looking for was much more diluted than from what I was told and the majority of the courses were offered at another campus..not where I was taking them. I have two interviews coming up...should I bring up this matter...or not....am I screwed....anybody ever been in a similar situation? Thanks!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    totally acceptable to talk about it or even bring it up during an interview. hell, mention it in your personal statement just to get it out there. use it as a 'learned experience'

4. Maxip

Maxip Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, you aced the classes, that earns you the right to say whatever you want about them. Adcoms will probably view this as an act of boldness and independence. Be sure to tag a "learned lesson" to the experience and you're gold! Good luck.

5. drbrowneyes

drbrowneyes Member
    7+ Year Member

Personally, I believe if your interviewer does not bring it up as a negative, neither should you. I think during your interview you should focus on as much positive and uplifting things as possible. Of course, unless you believe that your incomplete MPH is vitally important to your ability to complete your medical education. Best wishes :)