Withdrew from medical school, reapplied, 24 mcat, 3.66

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dingolady

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I withdrew from medical school due to what I thought at the time was just a severe depressive episode. It turned out to be bipolar disorder which I'm receiving treatment for. Anyway, I reapplied this cycle (late, like just verified in the week). Anyone have any thoughts on what my chances are for being reaccepted? Or went through something similar.

Members don't see this ad.

I withdrew from medical school due to what I thought at the time was just a severe depressive episode. It turned out to be bipolar disorder which I'm receiving treatment for. Anyway, I reapplied this cycle (late, like just verified in the week). Anyone have any thoughts on what my chances are for being reaccepted? Or went through something similar.
Previous matriculants have a much higher bar to overcome than re-applicants of any other type.

Members don't see this ad :)
You would be autorejected at my school. Maybe some of the newest COMs like LUCOM or ACOM?

I withdrew from medical school due to what I thought at the time was just a severe depressive episode. It turned out to be bipolar disorder which I'm receiving treatment for.
Any idea of what I can do to prove myself?
Did you leave the first program in good standing? Can you get a letter of support from the dean?