withholding information from ADEA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erhatstil

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm taking a university class right now, basically out of interest alone. i earned my degree in 2008. ADEA says they require all courses to be reported, but if it's not toward a degree, does it matter if i report it or not?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm taking a university class right now, basically out of interest alone. i earned my degree in 2008. ADEA says they require all courses to be reported, but if it's not toward a degree, does it matter if i report it or not?

Better not risk keeping information from ADEA or schools because they will need final transcripts.

i should clarify....the class i'm taking is at a different institution than the school i graduated from. unless ADEA has some internal collegiate investigation service, and i don't send a transcript from this school (the reason i dont want to send the transcript is because they charge $20 for every one-stingy mofos), i don't see how anyone would know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh, this topic has been covered many times. Send it. They have ways of finding out (I do believe some schools use just such a service) and they explicitly state that you must turn in ALL coursework. Dont hide things from schools. Think about how horrible it would be if you got accepted, they found out you intentionally didn't report a class, and revoked your acceptance. Ethics man. There is a reason ADEA requires certain things, don't risk it.

Sigh, this topic has been covered many times. Send it. They have ways of finding out (I do believe some schools use just such a service) and they explicitly state that you must turn in ALL coursework. Dont hide things from schools. Think about how horrible it would be if you got accepted, they found out you intentionally didn't report a class, and revoked your acceptance. Ethics man. There is a reason ADEA requires certain things, don't risk it.

Agreed.

If you are transferring the credit from this course to your university, then you will have to send the 20 dollar transcript. If you are not transferring the credit, then no one will know that you took it.

It's really up to you - the right thing to do is to report it, of course.

What is the class that you are taking?

haha yeah the $20 sounds petty. but the thing is, ADEA wants a transcript plus like 5-6 schools i applied to want a transcript, so all of a sudden its $140 to send a transcript for a course that is pretty insignificant to me (doesn't count toward my degree). its an immunology course btw and i'm currently taking it.

i appreciate the responses. i would never risk my getting into school by not sending a transcript. just trying to figure out if its really necessary..

haha yeah the $20 sounds petty. but the thing is, ADEA wants a transcript plus like 5-6 schools i applied to want a transcript, so all of a sudden its $140 to send a transcript for a course that is pretty insignificant to me (doesn't count toward my degree). its an immunology course btw and i'm currently taking it.

i appreciate the responses. i would never risk my getting into school by not sending a transcript. just trying to figure out if its really necessary..

Let me take a guess, you are not doing so well in it ? ;)

I persoanlly do not think they can find out if you do not sent it .However, ethically, you need to send it even if it costs you $140. So be safe and just send it.

its an immunology course btw and i'm currently taking it.

Ok, if it was underwater basket weaving or modern dance I'd say screw it, doesn't matter, but immunology? Come on, of course you have to send it.

i have an A in the class right now, but with 125 undergrad credits i already calculated that it wont help me much at all.

i guess its still "ethically" not right to withhold a grade, but when its an A, the situation is a bit different. i'd really like to save some moneyzz tho. getting sick of shelling out so much cash

if i have an acceptance dec 1 i'll put this to bed..

lol @ trying to save money. This is what you saved up money for, right? it's probably only $15 tops to send a transcript from your school to AADSAS.

Assuming you have interviewed and you're expecting an acceptance post-december, these are my thoughts:

I don't think you're required to report classes that are currently in progress UNLESS schools notify you about it. However, later down the line, I think you will have to report it to the dental school you choose to attend. Stay put, have fun in class and don't worry about it yet, I guess.

who cares? dont send it.
whats the big deal. just tell them you forgot and you had already submitted your app if god forbid some alien tells them youre taking a class.
hypothetically I could be taking a cooking class right now at a culinary school and i would not even THINK to send it to dental school bc this is my own personal life and i would be doing it for FUN (and i already graduated undergrad mind u) and am allowed to take any type of class i want.
just do whatever you want man its not a big deal. If youre concerned just call and ask them if you have to actually report every single class even if youre taking something for fun right now, even though uve already submitted your app, i doubt theyll freak out