Women ENT's?

Started by dara678
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dara678

Hello Kitty Fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How common is it to see women ENTs? At my home department there are no faculty members who are women ...
 
50/50 here too. Of course, we only have 2 ENTs, so that doesn't really state much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ENT is fairly male-dominated, just like any other surgical subspecialty. My best guess would put the ratio at 5:1, but thats a very rough guess.

At my program, 20% are women.

It's variable. I think when I interviewed at UVA, there were no women. I feel like I'm starting to see more women sub-Is and more 3rd year women taking an interest in ENT.