Women Women Women

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldude8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've worked really hard to get into dental school and just got into some of my top choices. But right before I got my acceptances I got more or less dumped by the girl that I love. All the joy I was expecting to have from acceptances in drowned out by a broken heart. Anyone else go through something similar? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Consider yourself lucky. Now that you're a future dentist, your stock is going to be rising. Wait till your in your 40's and then get that trophy wife you've always wanted.

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha trophy wife, agreed.

Consider yourself lucky. Now that you're a future dentist, your stock is going to be rising. Wait till your in your 40's and then get that trophy wife you've always wanted.

nice

Ya I don't know what it is but everytime I tell a chick I'm going to be a dentist my stock instantly rises from a 6-9 on a 10 point scale. I guess it all comes down to money/security. But I'm not saying all ladies are like this. Heck I just got dumped by one!

on an average, dentists are one of the smartest (looking) professionals around. i mean, professionals who're making good money:D

so, apart from all the money they make, they look good too!:D

*shrugs*... Must be your hair... get a haircut haha j/ks

hmm i hope this theory applies to women too :p
on an average, dentists are one of the smartest (looking) professionals around. i mean, professionals who're making good money:D

so, apart from all the money they make, they look good too!:D

ultimately..blessing in disguise. If your anything like me, you’ll be way more productive in school without the girlfriend distraction.
This was recently an issue for me w/ a girl I was with for 2 years, and I haven’t even been accepted yet! I’m not applying until next cycle, so I have basically been living in the library, and when she finally cut it off, she said, “I want a boyfriend that loves me more than a stupid dental admission test.” That’s an actual quote. Haha! :laugh:
Congrats on the acceptances.

you guys are young and already bitter....

I'm 26. I've been in my relationship for 3.5 years now. Believe me, life is better with a woman to support you. If she wont support you, then you haven't found the right one.

Of course its all vice versa. I fully support her in her career goals. We're going to be a great dentist-lawyer team. She'll handle the lawsuit if I accidentally use septocaine on a lower block injection and paralyze a patients tongue... (joking)

good advice my friend, but you you apparently mistook my tone. i'm not bitter at all.

I've worked really hard to get into dental school and just got into some of my top choices. But right before I got my acceptances I got more or less dumped by the girl that I love. All the joy I was expecting to have from acceptances in drowned out by a broken heart. Anyone else go through something similar? :D

Having a broken heart sucks -- but do yourself a favor and move on. If she ended it, do not contact her again. No email, no phone calls, no nothing. If you were a stand up guy, she will miss you and may even call you back in about a month. Walk away with your dignity, and don't break down. She will see that you are confident, strong, and ready to move on.

If she does not come around, she was not meant to be - and there is no reason to mentally screw yourself worrying over someone who does not care about you. Trust me, there will be plenty of opportunities down the line.....most likely something even better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it from a girl - just move on. It happened to me recently too, the guy i was dating and was really crazy about left the country and Im never going to see him again. So now its an awkward situation of do we keep in touch and how much and whats the point and well, him being a guy is horrible at keeping in touch and I just need to forget about him.

In any case, remember that you are going to dental school for YOURSELF! And noone should be able to take this joy away from you. Share it with people who care about you and focus on those people and not on those who leave you during importnant times in your life.

I just saw this posting and thought I would chime in. I too was dumped in May by my g-friend of 5 years. It was rough, but having been accepted to dental school I am starting to see things differently. Im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. It sucked then, and it still sucks. But I've decided I'll find my wife in dental school..HA.

Ya I don't know what it is but everytime I tell a chick I'm going to be a dentist my stock instantly rises from a 6-9 on a 10 point scale. I guess it all comes down to money/security. But I'm not saying all ladies are like this. Heck I just got dumped by one!

That totally doesn't work for girls though. Most guys are intimidated when I tell them I'm going to be a dentist. Boys don't like girls that are smarter than them. I guess I need to date a dentist.

ha totally true... you should see my boyfriend squirm when I tell him that I'm going to be the bread winner. I'm not going to rely on a guy for financial security, I would rather work for my own. Because if I need to have 150 pairs of shoes, then I WILL work to have all those shoes... or a vacation, nice house, ect. :D

And I think that it makes him want to work harder to be something 'competitive' with dentistry in term of salary. And I'm totally fine with that :)

That totally doesn't work for girls though. Most guys are intimidated when I tell them I'm going to be a dentist. Boys don't like girls that are smarter than them. I guess I need to date a dentist.

Whoaaaa i thought we were dating? Haha jk.

My friend was going to set me up with her friend and the girl said no, i wont date a dentist. So i think my stock has gone down (literally) =[. I dunno if i would date a MD/OD. I would like to see my girlfriend.

My friend was going to set me up with her friend and the girl said no, i wont date a dentist. So i think my stock has gone down (literally) =[. I dunno if i would date a MD/OD. I would like to see my girlfriend.

Wait, you have a girlfriend? And you've been flirting with me shamelessly on SDN? :eek:
In that case, we're not dating anymore.

My fiance will probably earn more than me in a few years, but it's no big deal. I don't get the feeling that most guys would mind having a sugarmomma that brings home the majority of the bacon - just beware the extreme (for reference, see Kevin Federline.)

My fiance will probably earn more than me in a few years, but it's no big deal. I don't get the feeling that most guys would mind having a sugarmomma that brings home the majority of the bacon - just beware the extreme (for reference, see Kevin Federline.)

Yeah, but do I want the kind of guy who wants a sugarmomma? I think not.

Ya know... I heard that 92CamaroLS1 guy is going to be a dentist :D

Yeah, but do I want the kind of guy who wants a sugarmomma? I think not.

'Sugarmomma', as in the woman earning significantly more than her spouse, not in sense that the wife purchases the lazy husband a lexus for being a prettyboy.

There is a sense among guys that they would like to earn more than their spouse, but I've met just as many women out there that want their male spouses to earn more. This road of comparative merit and success as compared to one's own achievement, runs two ways. Women are just as bad as men at it.

It's sad but true... you know why?

You're tougher to please.

It's not that your less attractive, it's that you're more work. It's not that I'm intimidated, it's that after working so hard, I don't want to have to come home and deal with someone who is as intelligent as I am.

This went from SDN to eharmony pretty quickly

ha totally true... you should see my boyfriend squirm when I tell him that I'm going to be the bread winner.

Id have to agree, most guys are prob. pretty uneasy with the idea of the woman making a lot more than them...but, i think any guy would agree, there's absolutley nothing hotter than a girl with a very, very rich dad.

Haha oh ya! we were "House" buddies! We'll have to rekindle this relationship :love:

Yeah! That was a while ago, but I still love House. I don't know, though, I'm just getting over a pretty serious SDN relationship. Where you going to D school?

It's sad but true... you know why?

You're tougher to please.

It's not that your less attractive, it's that you're more work. It's not that I'm intimidated, it's that after working so hard, I don't want to have to come home and deal with someone who is as intelligent as I am.

Are you breaking up with me?

Wait, you have a girlfriend? And you've been flirting with me shamelessly on SDN? :eek:
In that case, we're not dating anymore.

No no no... i dont have a girlfriend. But i would not date a MD chick.

I thought you were flirting with me. :cool:

Yeah! That was a while ago, but I still love House. I don't know, though, I'm just getting over a pretty serious SDN relationship. Where you going to D school?

Mmm I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning towards UIC. Congrats on UNLV!

But whenever you're ready to move on... I'll be there for you :cool:

Um.
My response to the op:
Screw that chick. There ain't no use to get fired up over a girl that doesn't want you. Trust me. Find someone better, get yourself a little hottie in dental school that you can study gross with.
Diggity diggity.

USU24 has them lining up :rolleyes:

you can have your pick from those mail order brdies, keep your head up:D

in the wise of words of akon (as highlighted in wyclef jean's latest masterpiece sweetest girl): "dollar dollar bill y'all"

I have a problem... What do i do. So a few days ago i kissed a girl who i have known for some time and now she drops the relationship talk. Uhh i just kissed her.... are all girls this crazy? USU this was before i met you so dont worry im not cheating. :love::laugh:

oh of course, I'll hop on the bandwagon :love:

Unfortunately, I withdrew my interview from UNLV already

Not all girls are crazy! but yeah most of us are...Just go for the slutty ones not your friends and you can avoid that awkward aftermath.

Not all girls are crazy! but yeah most of us are...Just go for the slutty ones not your friends and you can avoid that awkward aftermath.

Ill go for the non-slutty ones, they are a little harder to get. But i like the challenge. Yeah tell me about awkward. "So what does it mean" my response is "nothing'

lol who knew sdn could turn into some sick orgy.

This went from SDN to eharmony pretty quickly

Id have to agree, most guys are prob. pretty uneasy with the idea of the woman making a lot more than them...but, i think any guy would agree, there's absolutley nothing hotter than a girl with a very, very rich dad.

You love Paris Hilton?:D
I agree women with rich dads are a lot more attractive...

That's why in the near future they are going to make all smarter females into fembots until Nicole Kidman and Matthew Broderick destroy them.

If you look hard enough you'll find guys who don't have that type ego.

Ill go for the non-slutty ones, they are a little harder to get. But i like the challenge. Yeah tell me about awkward. "So what does it mean" my response is "nothing'

Good, 'cause I'm not slutty.

:mad: What I hate most as a female is when I tell people I'm going to dental school and they assume or ask "to be an assistant or hygienist?"