Wondering what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Member244322

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was put on a research project regarding the Herpes Simplex Virus that started in June, so I put it on my AMCAS application. Today I found out I actually can't do research on this project anymore because I wasn't on the IRB application, but the professor has another project that I'm going to start doing research on. So I was wondering what I should do? Do I need to email all of the admission committees and tell them what happened? or just explain it at my interview(if I get one)?
 
Why can't they just add you and submit that to the IRB? It doesn't take more than a few weeks where I work (though I realize this probably varies significantly from institution to institution).

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry about this at all (especially because you'll be working on another project with the same PI). Just bring it up in interviews if they ask about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad