Woo Hoo! I Got In!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annabanana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, I'll be brief with the story since it is a little confusing. after hearing some information from someone that made me think I might have received incorrect information from the admissions office at U of Arizona today. the person that gave me the information asked me to keep it private so I will do that. in any case, a lady at the admissions office who sounded a bit confused told me that I was #6 on the waitlist on Tuesday. I went to the admissions office at the end of the day and found out that an ACCEPTANCE letter had been sent out a week ago to my parents' house while they were on vacation! when I asked them why the letter hadn't been mailed to my new address since I sent them a letter with my new address and phone # they said that I had not made the address change through AMCAS and so they hadn't registered the change. as for the incorrect info I received on Tuesday, the people I talked to today seemed to think that a temp working in the office for the day must have answered the phone and mixed me up with someone on one of the grad program waitlists on their computer. sounds weird to me, but I don't care at this point; all that matters is that I'm going to be a doctor at a great school! I have a spare key to my parents' house (they are still visiting relatives in New Mexico) and went to pick up my acceptance package. I am still in shock, but unbelievably happy. anyway, I have to go, my little sister and I are going out to celebrate tonight. for those of you still on waitlists, I will be dropping my waitlist positions at Temple, SLU, and UVM tomorrow. I will make a decision as to whether or not I will stay on the waitlists at USC and OHSU by Friday. Go Wildcats!!! YAY!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Let me be the first to say...CONGRATULATIONS!!! PARTY!!!:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
What a mix up! But glad you got good news. CONGRATS!!!:clap: :clap: I love it when people get in. Those are the best type of posts.

Yay!! :mom clapping: :clap: :clap:

So how long until classes start?

Congrats!!! I knew you'd get in! :clap: :D :clap: :D

Congratulations:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: !!!
You'd better go out and savor your success, and live it up before we all have to burn the midnight oil:) !

congrats, annabanana. hehe that's fun to say. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a great week for people getting in, Way to go:clap: :clap: :clap:

gratz! Arizona huh? I heard it was like 110 degrees down there last week, hopes you don't fry :)

Congratulations and best of luck!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats!!!!!:clap: :clap:

I knew that since you were on 6 waitlists that you would be getting the good news soon.

thank you all so much for your warm wishes. I'm not sure the news has sunk in yet. Plus, I got a second bit of very unexpected and happy news today. I called USC today for information on waitlist movement (because I still haven't made up my mind about Arizona v. USC v. OHSU) and left a message on their voice mail. Dr. Quinn called me back a few hours later and told me that I didn't have to worry anymore about waitlist movement because I had been accepted!:wow: I never expected to get into USC with my <30 MCAT score (though my GPA is pretty good), so I about fell out of my chair. USC is sending me the acceptance package via overnight mail in order to facilitate my decision, which I will try to make by Monday. OHSU has not returned my call yet, so I don't know if they will take me off the waitlist and give me in-state tuition or not. U of A starts July 29, so I must make a decision very quickly. As for the weather, I've gotten pretty used to 110 degree heat, though I don't particularly care for it. I'd say the vast majority of the population of Tuscon and Pheonix has air conditioning to survive the weather. anyway, thanks everyone and good luck! :)