PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just got an acceptance from my top choice today. It was a pleasant surprise especially since this week has been so chaotic. Anyone else hear from their top choice?

Well off to an early rest so that I can begining studying for finals sometime at three in the morning or so.

:rolleyes:

LECOM-Erie! Here I come!

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
so did I n00b. but i got accepted before you so sorry i PWN3d u. bada boom b!tch
PS, BTW NOBODY really cares b/c noone replied to your noob post. k thx bye ttyN :-( mabye ill seee you there, but ill still ttyN!!! N!!!! k thx again dont hate.
What do you have to do to get banned around here? If this isn't trolling then I don't know what is. I'm so sick of reading this individuals 5-year-old attitude and world of warcraft slang.

About the Ads

illtreaturite1

PharmD in 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Status
Pharmacy Student
:troll:

But congrats to the OP on getting in to your #1. Makes those finals a little bit easier to stomach.

atticus27

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
They are generous with the infractions when it comes to me. Maybe the W.O.W. talk repels moderators.

chrisraymundo

UF Pharmacy Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2006
Orlando
Status
Pharmacy Student
congrats man not alot of ppl can say that

alenadoma

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
awww yaaay congratulations, that must be an amazing feeling!! I think I'll be waiting for awhile to hear anything from my top choice :)
But I will live vicariously through all you people that have been accepted to your first choices!! Congratulations!!!

ajh88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Congratulations! And good luck with finals (speaking of which, I should be studying!). :claps:

Pharmdapp87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Status
Pharmacy Student
CONGRATS!!!!:thumbup: Good luck with Finals, you can do it!!!!!:)

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status
Pharmacist
We're not that generous, just a little slower during finals week.;)

Congrats on your acceptance.

Back to studying for my 3rd final in 3 days.

Storm90

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2008
Canada
Status
Pharmacy Student
The first school to say yes was my top choice :p. I would be happy to go anywhere, but I'm still very happy to be accepted to CU.

ILoveOrange

10+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted.

About the Ads

10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congratulations to you on your acceptance.

I'm not sure if I have a top school in mind. I just want to get in somewhere. :luck:

DeterminedGal09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2007
Status
I'm almost 95% positive that I'm not going to get into my top choice but I sure am happy I got in somewhere! I really didn't think I was going to get in my first time around but boy was I wrong and when I did get in I was sooo releived!

PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks everyone for their support!

Good luck on everyone's finals... more studying for me.

:D

xscpx

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Status
Other Health Professions Student
We are talking about pharmacy school here not getting into your top world of warcraft guild.
Hey man, hate the player, not the game! (literally!) WoW FTW!:love::laugh:

Congrats on your acceptance!! That's awesome! best of luck to you!:D

PharmRx77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
NW
Status
Pharmacy Student
What are the criteria for a school to be considered "top choice" to most of you btw? I got in 3 schools so far including my state school which most people thought my top choice, but in fact I felt for another out-of-state school that will let me know my status next week... I dont know what i am hoping for, because i know it will be a HUGE decision to choose it over my state school (you know, the tuition, the moving w/ my family...) So now when peole ask me which school i am going, im like "Uhhh i dont know yet!!!", and I really dont know guys! Should I be practical to go for my state school, or should I follow my heart and my goal (since the other school is so right for my personality and my longterm goals)... Of course Im thrilled being accepted to my state school! :thumbup:

pharmant

PharmD student
10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Status
Pharmacy Student
What are the criteria for a school to be considered "top choice" to most of you btw? I got in 3 schools so far including my state school which most people thought my top choice, but in fact I felt for another out-of-state school that will let me know my status next week... I dont know what i am hoping for, because i know it will be a HUGE decision to choose it over my state school (you know, the tuition, the moving w/ my family...) So now when peole ask me which school i am going, im like "Uhhh i dont know yet!!!", and I really dont know guys! Should I be practical to go for my state school, or should I follow my heart and my goal (since the other school is so right for my personality and my longterm goals)... Of course Im thrilled being accepted to my state school! :thumbup:
In my opinion you should go to the school where you feel you will thrive the most. If it is out of state, just remember that Pharmacy school is 4 years then you can move back. If you feel that your opportunities will be the same at either school stay in your state with your family. This is a hard decision that only you can make. It is good to listen to opinions but what it comes down to is the pros versus cons for each school and your personal opinion.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
Just got an acceptance from my top choice today. It was a pleasant surprise especially since this week has been so chaotic. Anyone else hear from their top choice?

Well off to an early rest so that I can begining studying for finals sometime at three in the morning or so.

:rolleyes:

LECOM-Erie! Here I come!
Don't slow down on your academics, schools will likely ask for your most recent transcript before you start pharmacy school to make sure you didnt slack off after getting in.

ValeRx

PharmD
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status
Pharmacist
LECOM Erie huh? I applied there as well just haven't got around to filling out the supplemental application essays. Essays and finals for fall quarter don't mix!

PharmRx77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
NW
Status
Pharmacy Student
In my opinion you should go to the school where you feel you will thrive the most. If it is out of state, just remember that Pharmacy school is 4 years then you can move back. If you feel that your opportunities will be the same at either school stay in your state with your family. This is a hard decision that only you can make. It is good to listen to opinions but what it comes down to is the pros versus cons for each school and your personal opinion.
Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it!

PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Don't slow down on your academics, schools will likely ask for your most recent transcript before you start pharmacy school to make sure you didnt slack off after getting in.
Believe me when I say I haven't, lol. Hey, Sparda... shouldn't you be studying for your own finals. ;)

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
Believe me when I say I haven't, lol. Hey, Sparda... shouldn't you be studying for your own finals. ;)
Midterms actually. Our finals aren't until the end of January. We're getting 2-3 weeks off starting December 19th, we come back January 5th. Then a 1 week break until Spring Semester starts.

This is because of the late start (October 2nd).

About the Ads