1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Word from Rush???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by teeney6, Nov 21, 2005.

1. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone heard anything in terms of acceptance, waitlist, or rejection from Rush yet? They said they would let us know before Thanksgiving...

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TimmyTheWonderD

TimmyTheWonderD Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I could not take it anymore - I had sent an email last week and rec'vd no reply - so I called them today...the secretary does not know what is going on with your file the way those at other schools do, so she said she would have someone call/email me....still no call or email 4 hours later....contemplating calling again!!!!! ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

4. sjashark

sjashark Member
    5+ Year Member

I interviewed there on their interview first day (oct 12 or something)

....emailed the dir. of admissions on friday, and she told me my letter had just been sent out that day....should be getting it today or tomorrow....

good luck!

5. red dot

red dot burning, burning
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i'm interviewing there in january. when did you guys interview (to be getting responses by thanksgiving)? also, what is the best airport to land in - midway or o'hare? thanks!

6. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed on 10/31/05. I was surprised that they promised such a quick turn around time!

In terms of the best airport, it doesn't really matter if you are going straight there- if you take the el (you can just get off at the blue line Polk stop) you can either take the blue line directly from O'Hare or take the orange to the blue from Midway.

7. SOUNDMAN

SOUNDMAN Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    How long from being completely "complete" until you got an interview for most people?

8. red dot

red dot burning, burning
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

cool! thanks teeney6. i was still waiting for reply from rush about this.

9. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

sjashark, will you let us know when you get your letter?

10. weezer230

weezer230 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you interviewed around the end of October or early November, you should hear from Rush by this wed. I spoke with someone from the adm. office and they said the letters went out last friday. Good luck to everyone.

11. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Thanks Weezer!

12. kattyboomboom

kattyboomboom Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just got my acceptance today! Thin letter--who'lda thought????!

13. Pewl

Pewl The Dude Abides
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

I interview at Rush in a couple weeks. Do you have any advice? I read that they're big on ethical questions. I'm outta state too, and I don't understand why they take a large proportion of in-state people since they're a private school! Show some love for us poor Californians dammit! =P

14. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Congrats kattyboomboom! I am going crazy waiting! I was going to go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving straight from work tomorrow because I thought that if they mailed the letters on Friday I would have gotten it by now... Now I have to come home and wait for my mailman! For some reason, he keeps showing up later and later. It's killing me!!

15. sjashark

sjashark Member
    5+ Year Member

me too....still haven't gotten my letter and its killing me......I hope all who are waiting will get in!

16. CTG

CTG Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    got my letter this morning....it was funny, my brother was like, "hey, you got a letter from rush...it's kinda thin" haha

17. teeney6

teeney6 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I am beyond frustrated. According to this thread, the letters for those who interviewed on or before 11.2.05 were sent out on the Friday before Thanksgiving. I interviewed on 10.31.05, I live in Chicago, and I still haven't received anything! I emailed the office of admissions on Sunday and haven't gotten a reply.

Could my letter have a) been lost in the mail or tied up in some sort of holiday mail craze, b) not sent because of bad news (even though at the interview they told us we would know before Thanksgiving whether it was an acceptance, rejection or hold), or c) not sent because the Admissions Committee just didn't get to it...

Any comments, thoughts, support would be much appreciated! I really thought my interviews went well at Rush, so this is driving me nuts!

18. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, I can tell you that I interviewed 11/2, and I still haven't heard anything, and I too am wondering if I should be concerned about things getting lost in the mail...let me know what happens with you, but based on what you guys are saying I feel like if I haven't gotten the letter by the end of the week I'll give the admissions office a call. I just like to keep in mind that even if the letter does somehow get lost in the mail, it's not going to change the decision (just when you know about it, which is of course incredibly annoying!)

19. the brown note

the brown note wading through sh!t
    5+ Year Member

Maybe some of you in the "early November" time frame missed the cutoff for the mailing date by a day or so. :( When they explained the admissions process, it sounded like there could be some variability in how long the interviewers took to turn in their feedback. Also, the adcom then has something like 5 days to vote--perhaps some people were easier to vote on (for positive or negative reasons) and were completed earlier, etc. Just one possible explanation for the delay! :oops: Good luck! :luck: