• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Word Search Feature on AAMC Practice Tests

movax

Jun 30, 2009
Valeria
The AAMC FLs have a word search feature in the top left corner of the testing screen. Is this feature included on the real MCAT as well? Can be a pretty helpful tool.
Thanks

Huh, never noticed that on the practice... would come in handy on verbal, for starters (i.e. "The word [i|blah[/i] as used in the passage means...").

About the Ads

wanderer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
  1. Medical Student
what about using Cntrl F? I know the computers we test on are probably stripped down but I think that's a OS setting or something that might not be able to be turned off... would it work?
Won't work, just like ctrl-c or ctrl-v or any other keyboard shortcut won't work. Escape on the other hand will work (and mess you over).

vladmoney

It tolls for thee.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
Highlighting will be allowed, striking will be allowed
I remember I took the gold standard practice test, and one of the things they let you do is if you highlight a word in the question, they highlight that word, if it exists, in the passage. Is that possible on the test???

i'm not getting my hopes up

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
  1. Medical Student
I remember I took the gold standard practice test, and one of the things they let you do is if you highlight a word in the question, they highlight that word, if it exists, in the passage. Is that possible on the test???

Probably not. I dunno if you can highlight questions either. I think you can only highlight the passage.

wanderer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
  1. Medical Student

No.
Supposedly hitting escape reverts your essay to the last saved change, but I never actually tried it.

UBCvan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2007
around
  1. Medical Student
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDolla
What about that highlighting the passage tool? Will that be available?

Highlighting will be allowed, striking will be allowed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
can we highlight a new sentence and still have the previous sentence highlighted?like lets say highlighting certain parts in each paragraph? if yes how?

would the highlight go missing if you click anywhere on the passage?if yes it sucks big time...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.