Wording for "Post-Grad" on CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clsr2nrvna

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been searching, & cant figure out the appropriate way to put my "Post grad" education onto my CV. I have a master's, and now am taking courses to fulfill sci. prereqs. Here's what i have, but please correct me on any points:

University X. City, State
Post-Graduate: GPA 4.0

X College. City, State
Master of Science: X
Graduated: December 2005, GPA: 3.9

X University. City, State
Bachelor of Science: X
Graduated: May 2002, GPA 3.1

KATiE
 
It really depends on what you're going for. I've got a MS, and once I had it and a few jobs under the belt, I didn't list my GPA any more. My reasoning was that my job experience and skills are much more valuable than a number, and whatever that number was, I wouldn't get the recommendations I did if I didn't do a good job. One exception would be if they're really high and you got awards for them, but then you'd list magna cum laude, etc. Or if you were going for a particular job that depended on your post-graduate work e.g. you needed immuno classes for a lab tech job) and you wanted to highlight them, then I'd list them.

With the latter in mind, I would list the post-grad with the classes and then the degrees so:

University X. City, State
Post-Graduate Classes Immuno, Biochemistry, Histology.

X College. City, State
Master of Science: X

X University. City, State
Bachelor of Science: X

In any case, what you have is legible and direct, and that's what a CV should be. Just emphasize what your audience expects/wants.
 
I've been searching, & cant figure out the appropriate way to put my "Post grad" education onto my CV. I have a master's, and now am taking courses to fulfill sci. prereqs. Here's what i have, but please correct me on any points:

University X. City, State
Post-Graduate: GPA 4.0

X College. City, State
Master of Science: X
Graduated: December 2005, GPA: 3.9

X University. City, State
Bachelor of Science: X
Graduated: May 2002, GPA 3.1

KATiE

Since the classes that you are taking now are science pre-reqs, they are probably not on a graduate level then right? Therefore it is not post-grad, but instead post-bac study. Postgraduate study usually refers to study extending after a terminal degree. In any case, I don't think undergrad science pre-reqs are described as post-grad study just because you take them later on (even after a Masters degree in something else). Just my 2 cents.
 
I agree. I have an undergraduate "heading" so to speak on my resume - one for my B.S. and one for my post-bacc. The dates of attendance also give it away.

I also have an M.S. and 60+ post-grad hours toward a Ph.D. Those are under my "graduate" heading and again, the dates are obvious when I planned my career switch.

I have a special circumstance where I needed a bunch of continuing ed hours, so I took some grad-level classes at a nearby university while receiving grades for them. I have them listed under grad credit, but with a note that they were taken for continuing education for state licensure and credentialing as well.