Work during pharm. school/Any input is greatly appreciated

Started by TL294
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TL294

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I am currently working at a state university lab; if I continue to work at least 20 hrs a week when pharmacy school starts, Im eligible for tuition discount (equivalent to 4 credit hrs). I already have a $9000/year scholarship; with the 4 credit hr discount, I just have to pay couple thousands more. I will also save about $1000/year on health insurance. However, I plan to put in another 5 hours working at a local hospital's pharmacy to earn more experiences. I worry that working 25 hrs/week may affect my grade; although I really like the idea of finishing pharm school debt free. 😍 Is 25 hr/week doable during school?Any advice is greatly appreciated
 
Hi guys,
I am currently working at a state university lab; if I continue to work at least 20 hrs a week when pharmacy school starts, Im eligible for tuition discount (equivalent to 4 credit hrs). I already have a $9000/year scholarship; with the 4 credit hr discount, I just have to pay couple thousands more. I will also save about $1000/year on health insurance. However, I plan to put in another 5 hours working at a local hospital's pharmacy to earn more experiences. I worry that working 25 hrs/week may affect my grade; although I really like the idea of finishing pharm school debt free. 😍 Is 25 hr/week doable during school?Any advice is greatly appreciated

Where did you get a $9000/year scholarship for pharm school? I wasn't aware any four year pharmacy school scholarships existed.
 
I worked a bit during the summer- however I didn't need the income... I know some people were able to work first year of school, and second/third they'd put in a shift on a weekend to keep their employment active....

Personally, with the program that I did, (UF distance campus) it would be REALLY hard. Also they have an erratic class schedule.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whatever you do, work in a pharmacy and start logging hours. Almost every damn state requires intern hours.