Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

work study job?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gimpMD, Apr 8, 2004.

1. gimpMD

gimpMD Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi,

I tutored disadvantaged kids but got paid for it via work study 50 percent of the time (volunteered for no pay the other 50). is this employment, volunteering, or both? where do i list it on amcas?

2. For those types of things, I just picked one and noted in the description that it was paid but also volunteer or paid but also research, etc. "Portions were paid while others were for credit" etc.

3. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

I'd list it under both, with different wording (ie work-study position in tutoring under employment, and volunteered tutor for underserved children under volunteer work).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. You don't want to list anything twice on AMCAS. No way.

5. gimpMD

gimpMD Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks for the responses.

I selectively chose my work study jobs so that they could be fulfilling. In fact, a few of my significant ECs were work study (research, tutoring, "shadowing" - aka office assistant but followed doc around).

Does it look bad that i got paid? i mean, i needed money n stuff....