Work-study jobs

Started by Dr. Wexler
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to decide whether to keep my present job or switch. I work in the trauma program (not the clinical department) and I mainly do filing and assorted little stupid projects. I'm not sure how this will look on a med school ap since I interact mostly with nurses. I don't mind the job, but if I left I might be able to
a)get a job with a more clinical/research bent
b)get a job in the library, where I would basically get paid to study


Anyone care the share their work-study experiences?
 
Yeah buddy,
I was lookin for a nice chill job in the library all summer. And finally I found one like 3 weeks ago, more than 2/3s of the way into the summer. Anyways, library work study jobs are the ****. I'm working for this project where I am given articles from journals (that are usually not online) that I have to find in our endless collection of journals. I find them, photocopy them and or scan them. It was cool at first cuz I had a lot to do (3 hrs a day, Mon-Fri). But I did the stuff so fast that I was pounding these people in the library with like 30 requested articles that they had to read, so this entire week I have had nothign to do. i.e. I read a leisure book in comfy chairs while taking the time to look at hot girls passing by outside, sleep (30-60min), and or play on the internet. And I'm getting paid $7.50/hr to do all this ridiculously hard work.
Best job ever!!!
 
Although I've also been working in a lab for a year and a half that I have not been getting paid for. They're gonna suck the life out of me again next semester (although I'll be getting credit for it then for my major).
Concl: Worst "job" ever. Thats why I have my libby-paying job now. Yeah! Money for food and alcohol!!!
 
I got a work study job working as a data analyst in a physiology research lab at $10/hour. Not a bad deal if you ask me.