Working at a corporate dental practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnkymn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have dental school interviews coming up, and just got a job offer from a corporate dental practice to be a dental assistant. I am looking forward to getting some paid experience in the field, but was wondering if schools will look down on me for working at a corporate practice? Anyone have any any experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I have dental school interviews coming up, and just got a job offer from a corporate dental practice to be a dental assistant. I am looking forward to getting some paid experience in the field, but was wondering if schools will look down on me for working at a corporate practice? Anyone have any any experience with this?
Not gonna help you with your app at this point and the general consensus around here is corporate dentistry is horrible for the profession. Would not touch with a 10ft pole.

Even if it's just for a year to gain experience in dentistry?

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a degree in bio, have been out of schools for a few years and the best you could do is to land a position that does not require a high school diploma?

Not a lot of places like to hire an employee who will only be with them for one year. Are there other jobs in dentistry that will hire someone with a bio degree and no additional certifications?

Also, I've had a job since I've been out of school. Just trying to get some paid dental experience.

This question interests me also because I've been thinking about this too much since I've been considering the future of my dental loans. what's the best option if your first priority right out of d.s. is to make as much money as possible? If not for one of those corporation mills, I don't know what other option I have than...working under a dentist I can miraculously find? Do I start looking during my 4th year? I know it's so far into the future but I've worried about this as well.

Edited: Sorry I didn't read your question properly and now I see that my question doesn't really have to do with yours, but if anyone can still answer my question, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited: