Working at two pharmacies at the same time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ice712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is working at an independent pharmacy and considering to work in a chain pharmacy at the same time. Can he do that? maybe for a short period of time? Is there any way the stores will find out? Thanks!

By the way, I am talking about in Southern CA.

Members don't see this ad.

Non-compete clauses are not enforceable in California.

Working multiple locations is typical in the hospital setting where an employee often works FT + per diem elsewhere, or holds multiple per diem positions.

But an employer cannot expressly prevent you from working for a competitor, even if the employer is out of state. NCC's are void by virtue of your California residency even if it's your employment contract/company policy.

Just remember an employer can fire you for any reason as CA is an at-will state.

I'd like to know how so many people manage to get multiple jobs (and not just in pharmacy) when there are so many people who can't get ONE job.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to know how so many people manage to get multiple jobs (and not just in pharmacy) when there are so many people who can't get ONE job.

i pick up another job as a waiter...its actually decent money

it fluctuates but some nights i bring in 150-200 dollars

i pick up another job as a waiter...its actually decent money

it fluctuates but some nights i bring in 150-200 dollars

Are you the person who works at the pho restaurant?

Just curious - is it a family business? That doesn't hurt when it comes to finding employment.

Are you the person who works at the pho restaurant?

Just curious - is it a family business? That doesn't hurt when it comes to finding employment.

yeah, not going to lie, it can be stressful but its similar to running around a pharmacy

but i'm not as paranoid if i make a mistake with a food order than a medication error

yeah, not going to lie, it can be stressful but its similar to running around a pharmacy

but i'm not as paranoid if i make a mistake with a food order than a medication error

Always double check they got the combination and not the meat ball pho :p

Currently employed people are attractive to employers, it means someone else has vetted you and you're not "damaged goods" or "unproven."

Basically if you're unemployed, the presumption is "what did YOU do wrong?"

Reactions: 1 user

Both are part time jobs, only a few hours/wk, which is what he wants since he is a full time PharmD student.

Currently employed people are attractive to employers, it means someone else has vetted you and you're not "damaged goods" or "unproven."

Basically if you're unemployed, the presumption is "what did YOU do wrong?"

That's a very good point. .. haha