Working for Retail and MTM company conflict?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ady2050

Reaction score
Hi All
I work for a major community/retail pharmacy. However, I got an offer to work part time with MTM company that do just phone interviews as MTM services. The job even remote and I never see a patient. It is a consulting job.
Is this a conflict of interest?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All
I work for a major community/retail pharmacy. However, I got an offer to work part time with MTM company that do just phone interviews as MTM services. The job even remote and I never see a patient. It is a consulting job.
Is this a conflict of interest?

Thank you in advance
No. Just don't tell anyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Most definitely ask for permission with your current employer upfront. Pharmacy world is small and it’s not worth risking your regular gig for some change.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I had many interviews for MTM home jobs and felt like I have done well on the interviews and clinically strong with ambulatory pharmacology but I end up disclosing that I am currently working for two other similar jobs and do not hear back from them. I do not mention these two other MTM jobs on my resume because they are so recent and part-time. I am not sure what the right thing to do.

This issue has been raised at some of my union meetings and they have commented "if they do not ask do not tell"

I know nurses that work at two different healthcare systems, why can we as pharmacists have different employers?