Working hours for a family physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

westsidestoryz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it possible to clear $250k or $300k while working outpatient only from M-F 8am to 3 pm or M-T 8a, to 5pm in a town of 100k?
Preferably 15-20 patients a day

If not, what is a realistic salary for those hours?
 
Lots of models to get you to that level of compensation. It just takes a little negotiation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DPC can get you close to that. I'm making less and working more right now but I'm rural and solo (slightly less efficient than 2-4 doc practice).
The good part of DPC is I can adjust my business model (prices, panel size) if we offer patients enough value.