Working internationally with an American DVM degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhall7083

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been trying to find the accreditation status of American schools, but cannot seem to locate it anywhere. I'm attending vet school in the Fall, and I am hoping to possibly work internationally later on. I applied to the University of Edinburgh (accredited everywhere basically). So, does anyone know if American vet schools have the same accreditation, allowing you to work internationally, or can you only practice nationally with an American DVM degree?

Members don't see this ad.

You are eligible to become registered with the local veterinary licensing body in any country that has an AVMA accredited vet school, which includes the UK, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and Canada. There may be licensing exams locally, but you are eligible to take them just like a local grad would be.

Reactions: 2 users
You are eligible to become registered with the local veterinary licensing body in any country that has an AVMA accredited vet school, which includes the UK, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and Canada. There may be licensing exams locally, but you are eligible to take them just like a local grad would be.
Thank you so much!