Working on a company to help with student loans. Looking for feedback/interes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YourCoinz

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am building a company called YourCoinz which will allow you to sell a percentage of your future income like company shares, known as coins to be kept on a blockchain.
So similar to how a publicly traded company works, we project how much you are expected to earn, say over the next 5 years, and let you set the percentage of your income that you want
pay out to your coin-holders as a dividend.

For example, Jane Doe is a student who desires to raise money to attend college. As a freshman she wants to major in finance. She has no current income, but decides to issue 1,000 coins/shares of her future income. She will begin paying dividends to her coin-holders 6 months after graduation. Let's say that her projected salary is $80k with a $10k raise year over year and she sets the percentage payout to be 10%. So initially in the first year, she pays $8k, then $9k and so on. So the coin-holders can expect a return of $50k total and so they would buy shares anywhere from $40-$45, allowing Jane to raise $40-$45k for college.

I am really interested in feedback of this type of proposal and if people would be interested in creating a listing or speculating on potential investments. If so, please visit the website (can't post the link, it's the company name with the commercial ending) and fill out the form. We are in the process of getting the patents for the system and growing our pool of interested investors. I feel that this model would be perfect for up and coming medical students as medical school is not cheap but the careers in medicine are high paying so investors would be more likely to invest.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You'd have to have your interest rates lower than the federal graduate unsubsidized loan rates to even have someone take a look at this (currently at 6%), otherwise they can just go to the feds and get the money at that rate for cheaper while also having all the protections of a federal loan (IBR, REPAYE, possibly being eligible for public loan forgiveness).

I think something like this is almost impossible to make work as there is no way to force someone to take the highest paying job they can get and it incentivizes someone to take a job with better benefits and lower salary so they have to pay back less.

The medical field is particularly challenging because medical school graduates are going to be heading to low paying residency jobs for years.