Working on a thesis in my post-bacc....

Started by ravupadh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ravupadh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
and a lot of my research involves setting up overnight cultures since I'm working in the microbiology department. I know an overnight culture is from 12-16 hours but does anyone know what effects there are on the culture if you inoculate it for a longer amount of time? Let's say I set up an overnight culture for 40 hours. What would be the bad effects when I reseed the O/N culture into a larger medium?
 
and a lot of my research involves setting up overnight cultures since I'm working in the microbiology department. I know an overnight culture is from 12-16 hours but does anyone know what effects there are on the culture if you inoculate it for a longer amount of time? Let's say I set up an overnight culture for 40 hours. What would be the bad effects when I reseed the O/N culture into a larger medium?

Too long = too confluent. Too confluent, in many cases, equals bad.

That said, there is a 100% chance you posted your question in the wrong forum.