Working out the kinks if any!!!

Started by ituryu
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ituryu

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today I had a patient coming with difficulty in reading and poor distance vision.
Now there is a resident, and today's guide was her practicing her Ret. and I take care of the subjective.
She had: +2.00-0.50x90 OU VA 6/5-2
Subjective I had +1.75DS VA 6/4
ADD: +1.00, Range of comfort 17-43cm, and N5.
Patient's age 52.
I was told that my Add was not O.K when I saw higher plus for her was not giving her a good range I hope to bring her back and do an NRA/PRA balancing, but is it a rule that the Add must be a high plus?
NB she wears reading glasses: +2.25DS which got in a free state eye exam.
Also there was a 56years old man who came with the same complainand my final Rx:
RE: +1.75-1.75x90 VA 6/4
LE: +1.00-0.50x90 VA 6/4
Add: +2.25D N5
Spatial Orientation for both patient was acceptable .
Now is there any problem with the ADDs Based on the patients' age?
My OMD seems to have a problem with this ADDs.
 
ituryu said:
Today I had a patient coming with difficulty in reading and poor distance vision.
Now there is a resident, and today's guide was her practicing her Ret. and I take care of the subjective.
She had: +2.00-0.50x90 OU VA 6/5-2
Subjective I had +1.75DS VA 6/4
ADD: +1.00, Range of comfort 17-43cm, and N5.
Patient's age 52.
I was told that my Add was not O.K when I saw higher plus for her was not giving her a good range I hope to bring her back and do an NRA/PRA balancing, but is it a rule that the Add must be a high plus?
NB she wears reading glasses: +2.25DS which got in a free state eye exam.
Also there was a 56years old man who came with the same complainand my final Rx:
RE: +1.75-1.75x90 VA 6/4
LE: +1.00-0.50x90 VA 6/4
Add: +2.25D N5
Spatial Orientation for both patient was acceptable .
Now is there any problem with the ADDs Based on the patients' age?
My OMD seems to have a problem with this ADDs.

you have not provided enough info to respond to this case.
what are the pt's functional demands? just reading? monitor?

case 1: your nra/pra balance is wrong
case 2: depends on wd

you must first find out which rx produces the subjective '0'

eye + lens = 0

prior to determining the proper add

you have too many flaws in your case.

we'll have to hold you back a year 🙂

just joking 🙁

keep practicing!
 
ucbsowarrior said:
you have not provided enough info to respond to this case.
what are the pt's functional demands? just reading? monitor?

case 1: your nra/pra balance is wrong
case 2: depends on wd

you must first find out which rx produces the subjective '0'

eye + lens = 0

prior to determining the proper add

you have too many flaws in your case.

we'll have to hold you back a year 🙂

just joking 🙁

keep practicing!
Well I always thought that the cheif complain of your patient seems to be the functionall demand, and if I am wrong, I woudl really like to learn and take that one year class from you, and I am serious about it.
I thought you make use of the NRA/PRA to refine your near Add for presbyopes?
Eye + Lens = 0 ? Please explain that one to me. And please point out all the flaws for me I want to be really safe out there.
Thanks and I really appreciate this.