Working outside the US...

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Casey, Jun 25, 2002.

  1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew any information about foreign certification programs for US trained physicians? Currently, I am going to med school while my husband goes to law school. He has recently received a very nice job offer from a law firm in England. While we don't think it would be possible to move before I finish my residency, I am curious about later job opportunities within England.

    I do not relish the idea of working within the NHS. But at this point I know very little about what it takes to practice outside the US...

    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

  2. Alladin

    Alladin Junior Member

    Jun 14, 2002
    Likes Received:
    Well, as a non-EU trained alien you are probably going to need a special registration from the General Medical Council in London. I would recommend to have a look at their website for more specific information, or simply contact the british medical association.

    Europe is a wonderful place to live at, enjoy it !
  3. Thanks for the reply; I checked out the web sites you referenced and they were very helpful.

Share This Page