Nestle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 21, 2001
Status (Visible)
hi all,

which specialties are good for those of us who want to work part-time? not that I would solely base my decision on that, but it would be nice to know.

thanks!

Leforte

Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I would think that most areas of medicine, except surgery, surgical subspecialties and some medicine specialties would allow either part-time work or a shared position.

To work part-time and still be >100k - EM, Anesthesia, Rads, Path, Derm

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Status (Visible)
My thought is that you can essentially work in any specialty part-time as long as you are willing to take the pay cut. There are many large groups and hospital employers that like taking on a few part time docs in all specialties to make things easier for their full time docs at a fraction of the cost. Even in primary care, I have a cousin who works as a pediatrician once per week. Other physicians in her group/hospital cover her calls for the rest of the week.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.