• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

Nestle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
hi all,

which specialties are good for those of us who want to work part-time? not that I would solely base my decision on that, but it would be nice to know.

thanks!

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Visit site
Status
EM!

Prolly Anesthesia too.

Q, DO

Leforte

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I would think that most areas of medicine, except surgery, surgical subspecialties and some medicine specialties would allow either part-time work or a shared position.

To work part-time and still be >100k - EM, Anesthesia, Rads, Path, Derm

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
My thought is that you can essentially work in any specialty part-time as long as you are willing to take the pay cut. There are many large groups and hospital employers that like taking on a few part time docs in all specialties to make things easier for their full time docs at a fraction of the cost. Even in primary care, I have a cousin who works as a pediatrician once per week. Other physicians in her group/hospital cover her calls for the rest of the week.

About the Ads