Working with MSF after residency and refinancing loans or Military Loan Forgiveness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magyarzorag

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Has anyone ever worked with MSF. I've always been interested in living or working abroad and feel like MSF will allow me to combine my medical training with my passion for international experiences. I will have $300K in loans, but don't plan on paying them back as I want to use the PAYE system, so if I'm making $18000/year, I won't pay anything working with MSF for the first one or 2 years after residency. Also, do you get to choose your country? I really don't want to go to Subsaharan Africa, and would prefer to go to Eastern Europe.

Also, with the military loan forgiveness, can I just work as a physician at a military base. I would be interested in treating wounded soldiers at the Manas base in Kyrgyzstan.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever worked with MSF. I've always been interested in living or working abroad and feel like MSF will allow me to combine my medical training with my passion for international experiences. I will have $300K in loans, but don't plan on paying them back as I want to use the PAYE system, so if I'm making $18000/year, I won't pay anything working with MSF for the first one or 2 years after residency. Also, do you get to choose your country? I really don't want to go to Subsaharan Africa, and would prefer to go to Eastern Europe.

Also, with the military loan forgiveness, can I just work as a physician at a military base. I would be interested in treating wounded soldiers at the Manas base in Kyrgyzstan.
Active military works wherever they are told to work

Reactions: 1 user
No you don’t get to pick where you work for either options. Doesn’t sound like either would be a good career path for you.