World tour of pharmacist advice - online survey for thesis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmasurvey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs the pharmacist,
I introduce myself: I am a 6th year pharmacy student at the Faculty of Strasbourg (France).

For my thesis, entitled «A world tour of the pharmacist advice», directed by Dr. Caroline Willer-Wehrlé, Professor at the faculty of Pharmacy, I solicit your help.

I established a survey, which will take only few minutes to fill in, and which will allow me to discover the specificities of pharmacy in your country. In order that the results are the most representative, the maximum of answers are required. I thank you in advance for your participation, and I would be grateful if you would transfer the survey to other pharmacies you know.

By clicking on this link, you can fill in the survey on-line: http://pharmasurvey.tubaldo.com

Thank you again for your cooperation. Best regards

Eléonore POSTH

Members don't see this ad.

I have only 2 answers, can you help me please?
I hope I'll have at least 5 or 10 to be more representative.
Thank you again for your help.

Survey is too long.
everything is a required field..
I have only 2 answers, can you help me please?
I hope I'll have at least 5 or 10 to be more representative.
Thank you again for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submission did not work.

Survey is not worded right for some questions. I don't understand what you mean by "reimbursement". I guess if you mean insurance, yes that's what we have in the US, keep in mind though if you're not poor, you have to pay big bucks for that insurance.

It is typically not pharmacists' place in the US to recommend antibiotics. They need a prescription for them.

I looked at the survey, but I work at a hospital. I can't answer many of the questions.

Hi eleonore, saw you made it here. We found the survey a little difficult to understand in the UK. In the US probably even more difficult. My own experience of US pharmacy is that they will try to avoid giving much advice for fear of being sued if anything goes wrong. Some pharmacies even get the patients to sign a waiver saying they did not want advice.
If any encouragement for you, my nephew got his PhD awarded on the basis of only having one observation.
johnep

I tried taking the survey, but I could not understand some of the terminology and questions. Sorry...

My own experience of US pharmacy is that they will try to avoid giving much advice for fear of being sued if anything goes wrong. Some pharmacies even get the patients to sign a waiver saying they did not want advice.
johnep

That's not really true, we do give advice, it's just that we do not really diagnose (for example, advise antibiotics based on a certain type of infections).
The waivers are there because we have to by law offer counseling to every patient. The waiver is there so the patient knows that they can get counseled if they want, but they choose not to be (though in reality the patient often doesn't understand this waiver). The waivers are a way to track the fact that counseling was offered to everyone (so the patient doesn't sue, saying that they weren't offered counseling).

I agree with previous comments; would it be possible to have the initial background information be modified or optional for hospital/clinical pharmacists? We typically do not have a high percentage of OTC products and have a large amount of pharmacists that aren't really "dispensing" pharmacists. If it difficult to fit the hospital pharmacy model into answering your questions and for a few I had to provide some inaccurate information because there weren't other options which fit hospital practice. I tried to answer the remaining questions as if I worked in a community/retail pharmacy. Good luck with your survey!