worried about classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Therese737

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called AMCAS about this but was wondering what any of you may have experienced: Iam beginning to take my postbacs, and for financial aid purposes,
I remain classified as a graduate comp science student from a prior year. I never got the graduate degree, though-I was still taking the undergrad prerequisites to be admitted "fully" into the graduate computer science program. So my question is: When it comes time to fill out the AMCAS application and list my courses, will the undergraduate courses I took in computer science ( as well as the undergraduate science classes I will take) be considered "graduate" level since I am classified as a graduate student ? AMCAS told me that they leave it up to me as far as how I classify my class level, and they also said that
it would be considered post-bac. I spoke with only one person there, so I am not sure if they're right. I am just worried that when AMCAS and the med schools see my transcripts, they will think I was taking graduate classes becasse of my classification as "graduate".