Worried about debt :((

Started by Racer543
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Racer543

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are we expected to pay 300k worth of debt after graduation 🙁((((( ???????????????????????
 
Income based repayment.

Usually comes around to 2500-3500 a month.

Ask the residents or any local pods you know. They've been through it longer than we have so they'll give you a better picture if its sustainable or not.
 
Wow.. that's a huge amount to pay each month. So you'll have to be making close to $7k/month (after taxes)

And I take it this isn't including undergrad debt?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a reason why a lot of people turn away from the medical field in general. School debt is pretty scary. It takes some risk and hard work to pay it off.
 
Wow.. that's a huge amount to pay each month. So you'll have to be making close to $7k/month (after taxes)

And I take it this isn't including undergrad debt?

Yes. As far as I know......oye is this why I keep seeing AFAIK? Cause it means "as far as I know"?.......goddang just figured that out.

Anyways, I'm about 35k in the hole for undergrad + 40k unsubsidized when I finish my masters. This doesn't factor in accrued interest or the 40k.

You could probably get undergrad + grad loans consolidated but I don't know nearly enough.

There are a few "How much do you owe in loans" threads on here. Search them and see what you can find.