worried about getting into an Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strsdapp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm currently in the process of interviewing with schools and so far I have had no luck with admittance... I have officially gotten rejected from SCCO and PCO wants me to write them an addendum to my essay expanding on my knowlege and motivation of optometry... I was wondering if any of you had to do the same and could guide me on how I should go about this essay...
Thanks

Stressed applicant :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

strsdapp said:
Hi people,

I'm currently in the process of interviewing with schools and so far I have had no luck with admittance... I have officially gotten rejected from SCCO and PCO wants me to write them an addendum to my essay expanding on my knowlege and motivation of optometry... I was wondering if any of you had to do the same and could guide me on how I should go about this essay...
Thanks

wow interesting~!!!
I am just wondering whats ur GPA and OAT scores. Did you get an interview for PCO? how did things go?

strsdapp said:
Hi people,

Thanks

hi Stressed:
It sounds like good news if they are asking you to write an addenum to your essay. They are still interested. If you had any previous interest or experience in optometry (ie. research or shadowed an OD or worked as optometric tech) please write about it. they just want to see whether you are serious about being an OD and not just because you could not make it into dental or medical school. Make sure you show that you have a good basic knowledge about what an OD does (as opposed to eye MD). Also if you were interested in ie, ocular disease, you may want to include that because you see a great deal at The Eye Institute.

Hope this helps and good luck,
pcograd2003