Aug 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello, I would appreciate any input -

on 2/5 I received a 512 on the AAMC Sample with a 126/128/128/130

and today I've received a 510 on AAMC FL 2 with a 128/127/128/127.

I'm scheduled to take the exam on 2/16 (rescheduled for COVID), but my utmost priority is scoring in the 515-520 range as I'm a lower GPA applicant. I've been putting in the work and want to put in more to attain this goal. But I also don't want to potentially burn myself out this last week going overdrive on the material to make up a few points.

Would my chances be better if I tried to postpone my exam to early/late March? Additionally, would my score turnaround jeopardize my timing for applying to an SMP? I don't have the greatest stats, so I don't know how late I can afford to be (I believe Gtown SMP deadline ~mid/late May, Cinci ~end June FYI).

Thanks a ton.

Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Would my chances be better if I tried to postpone my exam to early/late March?
You should delay it, if you're aiming for 95+%-ile score. I think you can improve those science section scores.
Additionally, would my score turnaround jeopardize my timing for applying to an SMP?
Just take the MCAT so that it will be out before mid May. So early-mid April.

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
Agreed- it's (relatively) easy to improve in the science sections so there's definitely a few points of improvement there if you're willing to put in the time.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.