Worried about MCAT timing and SMP app?

Started by SaladStorm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SaladStorm

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I would appreciate any input -

on 2/5 I received a 512 on the AAMC Sample with a 126/128/128/130

and today I've received a 510 on AAMC FL 2 with a 128/127/128/127.

I'm scheduled to take the exam on 2/16 (rescheduled for COVID), but my utmost priority is scoring in the 515-520 range as I'm a lower GPA applicant. I've been putting in the work and want to put in more to attain this goal. But I also don't want to potentially burn myself out this last week going overdrive on the material to make up a few points.

Would my chances be better if I tried to postpone my exam to early/late March? Additionally, would my score turnaround jeopardize my timing for applying to an SMP? I don't have the greatest stats, so I don't know how late I can afford to be (I believe Gtown SMP deadline ~mid/late May, Cinci ~end June FYI).

Thanks a ton.
 
Would my chances be better if I tried to postpone my exam to early/late March?
You should delay it, if you're aiming for 95+%-ile score. I think you can improve those science section scores.
Additionally, would my score turnaround jeopardize my timing for applying to an SMP?
Just take the MCAT so that it will be out before mid May. So early-mid April.