worst interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's the worst/weirdest question you were asked at your interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

mdforlife said:

"what did you think of the robert altman film, 'the company?'"

"have you read 'la peste' by camus?" (i had, luckily)

"no offense, but you seem to already have a job you like... why medicine?" ;)

"your family has been here (in the US) for over 16 years? How come your parents still cannot speak English?"

Members don't see this ad :)
sdnstud said:
"your family has been here (in the US) for over 16 years? How come your parents still cannot speak English?"

that is really f*#%ed up.

my stupidest question was "what element of the periodic table are you AND which one do you aspire to be?"

lulubean said:

my stupidest question was "what element of the periodic table are you AND which one do you aspire to be?"
i'd just say that i am any one of the noble gasses, especially after i drink milk....j/k....all those questions are mad.
did any of you guys turn these hard questions back on interviewers when they gave you a chance to ask your own? do you think it's a good idea?

"so are u part of any hispanic organizations in the city??"

uhm, no........ are u part of any white american groups in the city???????
dingus, just because i'm part of a "minority group" doesn't mean i should seek out "my kind"
i hope he burns in hell.... that was really offensive

Lithium. Always positive, always looking to give to others (my electron).

I aspire to be Neon- bright, fun, and has everything it needs.

lulubean said:

I always hated the "So tell me about yourself....." It's very bland, vague and mindless. If the interviewer had done his job, then there would be no need to ask that since my entire life is in that application.

Another is "There are no physicians in your family. How do you really know you want to do medicine?" I'm thinking "Is it something you have to be born in to??". And I got this question despite the experiences and very specific goals I have.

mdforlife said:

Both by the same interviewer:
"What do you think of the secular direction that this nation is moving towards?"

and

"You think primary care is boring, don't you?" (totally out of the blue)