Worst pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slothsrule89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to know what are the worst pharmacy schools. I want to avoid. Looking at U of MN, they say that all their graduates get jobs/residences/or continuing education.

Pretty much the only school I have is U of MN on my list currently. I have a good GPA and need to take my PCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go to a school that is too expensive or non-accredited.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't go to a school that is too expensive or non-accredited.
I'm
Planning to go in state but I was curious. I hear a lot of talk about Larkin on here. Just wondering what schools that are diploma mills.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm
Planning to go in state but I was curious. I hear a lot of talk about Larkin on here. Just wondering what schools that are diploma mills.

This is by no means research, but common sense would tell you that the diploma mills are the schools that charge you more than necessary for tuition ($35k+/year) and have been built after 2010...I'd even go further and say after 2005. Pharmacy is not a field to move out of state for unless your net tuition cost will be cheaper than in-state, which does occasionally happen (especially for CA schools).

Reactions: 3 users
Curious to know what are the worst pharmacy schools. I want to avoid. Looking at U of MN, they say that all their graduates get jobs/residences/or continuing education.

Pretty much the only school I have is U of MN on my list currently. I have a good GPA and need to take my PCAT.

Worst pharmacy schools:

1) those that are not accredited
2) those that are not instate public schools (or give you instate public tuition rate).

Prestige won't land you a job. What do ya call a student that graduated top of his class from a top university vs a student that graduated bottom of his class at the lowest accredited university? A pharmacist.

Reactions: 2 users
Worst pharmacy schools:

1) those that are not accredited
2) those that are not instate public schools (or give you instate public tuition rate).

Prestige won't land you a job. What do ya call a student that graduated top of his class from a top university vs a student that graduated bottom of his class at the lowest accredited university? A pharmacist.

I wouldn't say that's entirely the truth anymore. Unless you want to do retail, some residency and fellowship programs admittedly want students from more prestigious programs. But that's to a certain extent. I wouldn't pay $35k to go to UCSF when I can pay $10-20k going to UMD-Balt or UK in-state.

Reactions: 1 user
Im going to UTHSC in Memphis and im from Chicago, yes ill pay 200k for my tuition (but Midwestern the 2nd school that everyone goes to is that same price for in state cuz its private), but has anyone seen jobs out there? DESOLATE!! 5 Pharmacy schools within 30 miles of one another, retail jobs have DRIED UP, CVS and Walgreens closing so many stores, the salary has decreased substantially by 10-15k start. I need to get the heck out of there to have any chance, plus I want residency, want and get are two different things anyways, think ahead.

Touro College of Pharmacy (NYC) and that school in Arizona that is ridiculously expensive. Also most school in CA should be avoided due to their very high tuitions unless you get a free ride.