Worst Things To Say @ DSchool Interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I got on SDN, I clicked on Dentistry, and I saw a thread that said, "Worst things you could say..." - And I was hoping the rest of the sentence would say "during an interview." But it did not, so I made this thread. WHAT ARE THE WORST THINGS YOU COULD SAY DURING AN INTERVIEW???

EXAMPLE: Well Dr. Poliztki, I want to become a dentist because of the money
or...
EXAMPLE: I shadowed 2 different dentists. One of the dentists I did not like. The way he ran his practice was awful. But I liked the other dentist, though!

ADD YOUR WORST LINE(s) THAT ONE COULD SAY DURING A DENTAL SCHOOL INTERVIEW!

Members don't see this ad.

When I got on SDN, I clicked on Dentistry, and I saw a thread that said, "Worst things you could say..." - And I was hoping the rest of the sentence would say "during an interview." But it did not, so I made this thread. WHAT ARE THE WORST THINGS YOU COULD SAY DURING AN INTERVIEW???

or...
EXAMPLE: I shadowed 2 different dentists. One of the dentists I did not like. The way he ran his practice was awful. But I liked the other dentist, though!

When asked, "Why do you want to be a dentist?"... NEVER answer with "helping the underserved" and "cosmetic" in the same response (or same interview for that matter!)

jb!:)

"Specifically why do you want to go to this school?"

"Dad could have have gotten me into Harvard, but I heard the parties are better here, so I told him I'd handle everything."

RP

Members don't see this ad :)
When asked about some of my non-academic/athletic activities, I listed teaching a bible study and playing poker with the guys back to back. As they laughed, I thought I had really messed up, but they actually seemed to like my "well rounded interests" (as they put it).

I still got in, so it couldn't have been that bad.

"so why do you want to become a dentist?"

"I love science, arts and helping people"

"Is this school your first choice?"

Answer: No

or...

I actually told my interviewer that the income was definitely part of my decision - I'm tired of BS.:thumbdown:

"if not a dentist, then what would you want to be? "

A stripper!

So, why dentistry and not medicine?

Hmmm. As a dentist I don't have to deal with managed care.

I think the worst thing you could say is this:

"I really wanted to be a heart surgeon, but the MD and DO schools wouldn't accept me, so I thought I would try this."

"Do you teach here because you couldn't hack it in the real world?"

"Why the hell didn't you guys call me sooner?"

"Do dentists really pull the finest women?"

:D To all faculty at Temple, don't take the first one seriously, I respect everyone of you because you know a lot more than me and have already done your time! (I am done sucking up):cool:

I actually told my interviewer that the income was definitely part of my decision - I'm tired of BS.:thumbdown:

Income is part of EVERYONE's decision. Anyone that says otherwise is a straight up LIAR. Not good to tell obvious lies during an interview :D

true. I said the thing that initially sparked my interest was the income. It is a great way to make 5K a day and work 3 days a week. Just put in your time....!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
"Why did you chose dentistry over medicine?"

"I'd rather be sticking my hand in people's mouth's than in their anus"

i actually might use this one...:laugh:

When we all got together for one interview, we were asked by the dean what our hobbies were. One girl said "My hobby is playing this one video game where you play a criminal and you have to buy a gun and shoot at the police officers, I don't know why. It's just fun." The dean looked at her and laughed "that's a new one for me but I probably wouldn't mention it in your one on one."

When we all got together for one interview, we were asked by the dean what our hobbies were. One girl said "My hobby is playing this one video game where you play a criminal and you have to buy a gun and shoot at the police officers, I don't know why. It's just fun." The dean looked at her and laughed "that's a new one for me but I probably wouldn't mention it in your one on one."

GTA for the win! +1:laugh:

Video games is a double edge sword in dental interviews. True that they enhance hand-eye coordination, but they also take up time that should be used for studying :rolleyes: Hence my GPA. haha

What do you see as your biggest fault?

"I have genital warts..."

How long did you expect this thread to go before it got ugly??:confused:

"how do you plan to pay for dental school?"

"blowjobs, handjobs, and my specialty, the Italian Whirlwind."

Hey, what's an Italian Whirlwind? :hardy:

why are you deciding to come back to school?

want to be my own boss, I got fired from my last 3 jobs for failing random drug tests.. I want to be able to smoke in peace.. I think and work much better when I'm high.

Why did you apply to so many schools?

-HAVE YOU SEEN MY GPA??? ARE WE LOOKING AT THE SAME TRANSCRIPT??? THAT'S WHY!!!

My cousin said her friend tried to be funny and said that, and they told her next time not to try and make her flaws so blatantly obvious

Why did you apply to so many schools?

-HAVE YOU SEEN MY GPA??? ARE WE LOOKING AT THE SAME TRANSCRIPT??? THAT'S WHY!!!

My cousin said her friend tried to be funny and said that, and they told her next time not to try and make her flaws so blatantly obvious

OOoof. Ouch!

i like you...

i like sex... its nice! (borat)

Soo... If I come here when do I get access to the drugs?

"Why did you chose dentistry over medicine?"

"I'd rather be sticking my hand in people's mouth's than in their anus"

haha...that's what i replied when my traffic school instructor asked why i wanted to look at peoples' mouths all day