Worth attending national conference?

Started by Sea Otter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sea Otter

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are a resident and are not presenting at the conference, would it still be worth attending? I am not planning to do a fellowship at this time. I could see some potential benefit from lectures/courses or networking but not sure how that weighs against the time and financial cost of flights/hotel/conference. Appreciate any thoughts!
 
definitely worth it. I have gone every year since 3rd year of medical school. The networking opportunity itself is worth it. PM&R is a small field and the best jobs are typically word of mouth. Just don't be shy and meet as many people as possible.