Worth it to apply to schools now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc.Junior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering hedging my bets to MD schools. I should have applied to both MD and DO. Is it realistically too late to submit applications to schools now? (I know it would be for MD schools. The timelines/process seems pretty similar.) Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your stats but I say shoot your shot if they are decent. If you don't have any acceptances right now you have nothing to lose (well except money). Goodluck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm considering hedging my bets to MD schools. I should have applied to both MD and DO. Is it realistically too late to submit applications to schools now? (I know it would be for MD schools. The timelines/process seems pretty similar.) Thanks.
I can't recommend it now.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If your only goal is to get in somewhere, it might be possible, but why would you risk having to move across the country to a newer school with untested clinical sites? It's better to be patient, apply again, and get into a good school

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
If your only goal is to get in somewhere, it might be possible, but why would you risk having to move across the country to a newer school with untested clinical sites? It's better to be patient, apply again, and get into a good school
I take it you mean that for schools in more popular regions (like Northeast or CA coasts), it'd likely be a no-go then? I wouldn't dream of applying to any MD schools at this point in the cycle, based on what I know. But, not sure about how things work in the DO school world. Thanks.

I take it you mean that for schools in more popular regions (like Northeast or CA coasts), it'd likely be a no-go then? I wouldn't dream of applying to any MD schools at this point in the cycle, based on what I know. But, not sure about how things work in the DO school world. Thanks.
No, reputable schools, period. Nobody is dying to go to Camden, NJ. Kansas City or Des Moines. However, they all have excellent schools

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users