Warder

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
One school I am interviewing at has let us know that they will take an update letter since we are interviewing, if we so desire to submit one.

Now, I've just been continuing with the same activities as listed on my primary/secondary, so it's not like I have a new job/promotion/3 million extra hours of new volunteer service/new Nobel Peace Prize. However, I do work clinically in a leadership position. With COVID, I've worked with hospital administration to implement several new protocols (and trained my staff on these) that have helped us increase throughput in the ED by taking burdens off the physicians and handing them to my staff to meet the significant surge we are seeing. This has resulted in more time for our physicians to care for patients and faster turnover of beds (meaning we can see new patients faster). These protocols and work are not on my primary/secondary since they were things I helped create in the last few weeks. Is that a significant enough update to talk about?

EDIT: These protocols may also be implemented at our EDs in the area, but that has not yet happened.

@Goro @Catalystik @LizzyM @gonnif

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
It is worth while as long as it is Clear, Coherent, and Concise. Clear being it is extension or expansion of something previously mentioned on application. Coherent as it makes sense it what you are doing, how you are doing it, and what impact it should have. Concise as in short. 10 sentences or less

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
One school I am interviewing at has let us know that they will take an update letter since we are interviewing, if we so desire to submit one.

Now, I've just been continuing with the same activities as listed on my primary/secondary, so it's not like I have a new job/promotion/3 million extra hours of new volunteer service/new Nobel Peace Prize. However, I do work clinically in a leadership position. With COVID, I've worked with hospital administration to implement several new protocols (and trained my staff on these) that have helped us increase throughput in the ED by taking burdens off the physicians and handing them to my staff to meet the significant surge we are seeing. This has resulted in more time for our physicians to care for patients and faster turnover of beds (meaning we can see new patients faster). These protocols and work are not on my primary/secondary since they were things I helped create in the last few weeks. Is that a significant enough update to talk about?

EDIT: These protocols may also be implemented at our EDs in the area, but that has not yet happened.

@Goro @Catalystik @LizzyM @gonnif
Don't waste their time or yours.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.