Would a post-bac help me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a strong passion for becoming a Physician. I recently graduated undergrad with an overall G.P.A below a 3.0 and I'm considering a pre-med formal postback program or an informal Postbac Certificate program. If I excel and show a drastic change in grades during this program, can it boost my chances of a medical school acceptance?

What are some tips and advice you may have on what I can do?
 
I have a strong passion for becoming a Physician. I recently graduated undergrad with an overall G.P.A below a 3.0 and I'm considering a pre-med formal postback program or an informal Postbac Certificate program. If I excel and show a drastic change in grades during this program, can it boost my chances of a medical school acceptance?

What are some tips and advice you may have on what I can do?
Yes.

And read my post on reinvention for premeds.
 
Yes doing well in a post bac will help. You might benefit more from an SMP but doing poorly can really screw you.

Thank you for the feedback! I started off as a Bio major and switched my major to Public health. That's what I graduated with. So I don't have all my Pre-med course requirements. So I was looking into a career changer. I noticed a lot of SMP requires you to have all the medical school prereq courses completed first as program requirements.