• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Would a post-bac help me?

_!FuturePhysician!_

Jun 6, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I have a strong passion for becoming a Physician. I recently graduated undergrad with an overall G.P.A below a 3.0 and I'm considering a pre-med formal postback program or an informal Postbac Certificate program. If I excel and show a drastic change in grades during this program, can it boost my chances of a medical school acceptance?

What are some tips and advice you may have on what I can do?

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
I have a strong passion for becoming a Physician. I recently graduated undergrad with an overall G.P.A below a 3.0 and I'm considering a pre-med formal postback program or an informal Postbac Certificate program. If I excel and show a drastic change in grades during this program, can it boost my chances of a medical school acceptance?

What are some tips and advice you may have on what I can do?
Yes.

And read my post on reinvention for premeds.

_!FuturePhysician!_

Jun 6, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Yes doing well in a post bac will help. You might benefit more from an SMP but doing poorly can really screw you.

Thank you for the feedback! I started off as a Bio major and switched my major to Public health. That's what I graduated with. So I don't have all my Pre-med course requirements. So I was looking into a career changer. I noticed a lot of SMP requires you to have all the medical school prereq courses completed first as program requirements.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.