Would Appreciate Any Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope everything is going well. I just had a quick question in regards to paying for dental school. I'm applying this coming cycle and hopefully I'll get into 1/10 schools that I'm applying to. But my question is in regards to something I heard. I heard that some dental schools have programs that the school will pay for your dental school tuition in exchange for you working in an underprivileged area for a certain amount of years after you graduate and for a certain salary. I just want to know if this is true, and if so, roughly how many years and what salary range are we speaking of? Thank you in advance.
On another note, I'm applying this year from Rutgers and I have a 3.7 cumulative and a 3.6 science gpa (I'm taking my DAT on July 3rd and organic chemistry 2 during the second half of the summer as well). I have shadowed a dentist, currently work in a hospital, research at UMDNJ, have taken many leadership roles, and volunteer as well. However, I withdrew from Orgo 1 the first time I took it and got a C the next time around (due to personal and family issues that came up both times unfortunately). I'm wondering what my chances are. I usually check off African American as well, since I was born in Egypt and have classified myself as that both at Rutgers and on my citizenship paperwork. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they are called irb programs and you are correct these do exist. Not all are provided by the school but from my understanding there are external organizations that do this. U work one year they pay off 20% of loans, another year 30%...

Requirement is you have you work I under served area.

That's all I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk