Would companies like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc rehire you?

Started by Cangri One
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cangri One

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If for whatever reason you decide to leave a retail pharmacy company. Is it fair to say you will probably never work for that company again? Or is it possible that in the future you could apply once again and work there for a second time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if its commonly seen in retail. Considering there are only so many major retail chain pharmacies. Even less now with all this consolidation.
 
Are you still employed? I heard CVS canned a bunch of overnight pharmacists.
Go look in the thread starting bottom of page 2: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/advice-for-new-overnight-cvs-pharmacist.1157290/page-2
30 overnight positions gone from my region. I'm one of them. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. My boss wants to figure out how to keep me in his district and I have contacts in other companies, so I think I'll be fine.
 
I've seen them layoff people and payout $25k+ severance packages, then rehire the exact same people back 6 months later. And no, they didn't have to pay back the severance package.