Would it be innapropriate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mupreopt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

It might just be me, but I don't get where are they working if their office burned down?

Another thing, in one of your other million threads you stated you absolutely HAD to have a paying job ASAP, so what changed now? You seriously confuse me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I definitely needing a paying job now. I forgot about it when posting my original post. I may not be able to do shadow. Hmm, I wonder if I could call and say "I an undergraduate at __ university and I am interested in a career in optometry. Are you currently hiring an optometry assistant". Rather than saying "shadowing".

They are working out of a temporary office that another business has offered space.

An additional question for future reference before I forget.
This is regarding letter of recommendation. When does an optometrist write one? option 1: write one immediately after my shadowing/working experience. option 2: write one when I apply to optometry school.
Let's assume that I work or shadow an optometrist for a few months. After my working or shadowing experience is over, and I have 2 more years until optometry school, do I let him/her write the letter after my experience or do I wait two years when I am ready to apply and then ask for a letter?

so where are you planning to apply to m? you havent told us? we want to know more about you.

so where are you planning to apply to m? you havent told us? we want to know more about you.

Me? I'm undecided but I have always looked at SCO in Tennessee because it's closest to my state. Plus I think my school has a contract with them where I can get in state tuition. I've heard many good things about them also. I've just checked the optometric association website and all the optometrists in my town except for one went to SCO.

By the way, the explosion is (add .gif at the end of the link): http://images.absolutepunk.net/images/smilies/Standard/explode