would OUI convictions prevent PharmD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PWC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know someone with 3 OUI's... since the OUI's were within a certain time period, the 3rd one is a felony... They have completed all sentencing, probation, counseling and rehab... They no longer drink, and they are now a straight-A student doing pre-pharm work...

Assuming no further incidents, would they automatically be excluded from Pharm school/licensing?

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone with 3 OUI's... since the OUI's were within a certain time period, the 3rd one is a felony... They have completed all sentencing, probation, counseling and rehab... They no longer drink, and they are now a straight-A student doing pre-pharm work...

Assuming no further incidents, would they automatically be excluded from Pharm school/licensing?

Your "friend" needs to contact the state's board of pharmacy. They hold all of the keys - discussing your (I mean friend's) specific situation with the board is the only way to determine whether or not a license can be given. If they say yes, then there would be no issue (getting a degree anyway) - employment may still be an issue.

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
Ovulating Under the Influence?

my guess would be "operating under the influence"

I'm guessing he went on vacation to Lake Havasu or somewhere and was riding around on a Sea-Doo drunk for a week straight and got caught a few times.

Anyway professional schools don't take too kindly for any felonies and my first inclination is to say that he's probably excluded from licensing, and probably even from admission to any professional schools. The only way to know for sure is to start calling around and asking different schools and different boards.

I'm guessing he went on vacation to Lake Havasu or somewhere and was riding around on a Sea-Doo drunk for a week straight and got caught a few times.

Anyway professional schools don't take too kindly for any felonies and my first inclination is to say that he's probably excluded from licensing, and probably even from admission to any professional schools. The only way to know for sure is to start calling around and asking different schools and different boards.

It might depend on the felony also. If it is a drug related felony, then you're done.

But for stuff like "computer trespassing, eavesdropping, forgery of a vehicle identification number, vehicular manslaughter" shouldn't really bar you from becoming a pharmacist.