Would these count to BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuckleberryEven

Reaction score
Drug Discovery:Sci/Soc Asp (CHEM 460). -- An exploration of different drug classes including their medicinal properties, synthesis, and mechanism of action. Drug development will be viewed through a historical lens to investigate the impacts of drugs on society. One additional aspect of this course will be the practice of science communication. In this context students will communicate topics in drug development to both scientific and diverse non-scientific audiences. This course constitutes a senior capstone experience and satisfies the COLL 400 requirement.

Physiological Psych (PSYC 315 or whatever it is) The purpose of this course is to introduce you to the breadth of the field of behavioral neuroscience. In this course, we will be studying the anatomy, physiology and function of the central and peripheral nervous systems. We will examine current research in this field that is making head-way toward understanding of how this 1.3-kg [or 3-lb for those of you who are not metrically inclined]marvel called the brain is involved in controlling everything about ourselves - from our most simple reflexes to our
most complex thoughts. The brain is, after all, the basis of who we are. We are still very far away from understanding how the brain functions as a whole, although every day new information is leading to insights into how specific regions control various aspects of behavior.

Sensation and Perception: We will examine how humans sense and perceive the world around us. We will explore the physical properties of stimuli in the environment that humans can sense and perceive. Furthermore, we will learn how specialized cells convert this physical energy into neural signals, and how the brain codes the properties of the physical stimuli. In addition, we will explore psychological theories of sensation and perception, and we will discuss disorders of perception. The links between the properties of the physical stimuli, the neural coding of these properties, and our subjective psychological experience will be emphasized.

Nutrition in Health and Disease (KINE 350, this one is very iffy to me as whether it's BCPM): This course presents the fundamental concepts that link nutrition with health and disease. These concepts are explored at the individual level and the population level – from clinical practice to epidemiologic research to national policy. This course is organized into six sections: Clinical and Population Health; Obesity, Reproductive System, and Early Life; Gastrointestinal System; Metabolic and Pulmonary Systems; Cardiovascular System; and Immune System and Nutritional (mis)Information. By the end of this course, students will be able to: • Describe the etiology (biological and cultural) of major nutrition-related diseases and disorders; • Identify the symptoms of micronutrient deficiencies; • Identify evidence-based strategies for preventing and treating nutrition-related diseases and disorders; • Describe the epidemiologic evidence that links food and nutrient intake with health outcomes; and • Identify disparities in nutrition-related health outcomes. I attached the schedule for the course: Screen Shot 2022 08 19 at 5 17 17 AM — Postimages

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i could see the first two possibly getting approved, i would just classify them based on the content of the classes

abt 70% of my nutrition classes counted as BCPM with no issue but i made sure to only mark classes that truly had science content, for example my Nutrition and Disease course says this: "Part one of a two-semester sequence that focuses on the biochemical and pathophysiological bases of disease/conditions that require specialized nutrition support/medical nutrition therapy."

i could see the first two possibly getting approved, i would just classify them based on the content of the classes

abt 70% of my nutrition classes counted as BCPM with no issue but i made sure to only mark classes that truly had science content, for example my Nutrition and Disease course says this: "Part one of a two-semester sequence that focuses on the biochemical and pathophysiological bases of disease/conditions that require specialized nutrition support/medical nutrition therapy."
Yeah definitely. I think the first three are prolly gonna get accepted without much trouble (third is pretty much a neuroscience class they prolly don't have a department of neuroscience so it's just under psych), I'm just worried about the last one since it has nutrition in the course description but it's pretty much mostly biology.

Members don't see this ad :)
probably not nutrition, but I also got developmental psych and abnormal psych counted as BCMP so :p