Would this be a good EC for Med school app?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Silverman780

The Exalted Grand Poobah
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took a summer long "job" at a Boy Scout Camp Where I will be an Assistant Shooting Range Director and Assistant Camp Medical Officer. Due to the amount that I get paid one could also consider this volunteering. Because if I was paid minimum wage I would be making a ton more then what I am actually getting paid for.

Any thoughts or ideas?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd suggest you list as an employment history. It should be a meaningful EC if you learned something valuable from you. Off course, it's not like getting a nobel prize.

I wish you good luck for the summer.
 
Haha, my Girlfriend has like that same exact job at a Girl Scout camp during the summers, though she's in college.

Like others have said, you can't put it as volunteering, but if you keep doing it at least into your first year of college, it would be a very good EC to have. If you're only doing it during high school, it's not very pertinent to professional school apps.
 
Definitely not volunteering if you're getting paid, but sure, it sounds like a good experience.