MO JO
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work as a stay-at-home caregiver for two kids with autism, diabetes, and several other health issues. I bathe them, prepare their food, and administer their medication multiple times daily. I had to get CPR and first aid training along with medication administration training. I also manage the meds for my specific group home, and I've done this job for about 3 years now.
My question is, because this doesn't take place in a hospital setting, would it be sufficient for clinical experience when I apply? I'll also have 150 shadowing hours, so it's not as if I don't have any hospital experience. However, I've heard that although my job might be classified as clinical experience, Adcoms prefer when clinical experience takes place at a hospital/clinic.
My question is, because this doesn't take place in a hospital setting, would it be sufficient for clinical experience when I apply? I'll also have 150 shadowing hours, so it's not as if I don't have any hospital experience. However, I've heard that although my job might be classified as clinical experience, Adcoms prefer when clinical experience takes place at a hospital/clinic.