Would you call this a match violation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think given your situation, you are not doing anything wrong. It was kind of an accident you found out. The program, however, may not know the match results yet or may not be able to confirm that you matched there until Tuesday, however. So if they are a little weird on the phone, don't read too much into it.

Calling to ask about the requirement itself should be fine. They should be able to tell you if you need it or not, or if there is a way to still apply after the deadline.

I think given your situation, you are not doing anything wrong. It was kind of an accident you found out. The program, however, may not know the match results yet or may not be able to confirm that you matched there until Tuesday, however. So if they are a little weird on the phone, don't read too much into it.

Calling to ask about the requirement itself should be fine. They should be able to tell you if you need it or not, or if there is a way to still apply after the deadline.

Cool, good to hear. The reason I told them what I found out is that the coordinator did not seem to want help because he thought I was just being too presumptive... He thought I was assuming that I will match with them and know for a certain that I might have a problem starting residency.

Regardless, the department didn't know as well nor did the GME office (reason why they didn't put that as a requirement on the website).
I kinda needed to know soon because if it were true that I can't start residency, my school would help me deal with the issue soon (possibility of entering me back into the NRMP, etc).
Nonetheless, I ended up calling the licensing agency in that province and they told me I will be fine to start as long as I have my steps done.

In my mind, there is no violation.
You didn't do anything wrong.

It would be like if I only ranked 1 program.
I'd get an email on that Monday saying I matched. I'd know where it was.

As for your other part, I can't comment, but make sure you get as answer ASAP.

So I applied to both Canadian and US programs and went through both matches.
I ended up ranking 1 Canadian program and 8 US programs
I got withdrawn from the US match this week and it says that I have matched in Canada already. So I know which program I am matched at.

Well, I told my friend about the result and he said, "hmm, have you registered for the licensing exam in May yet? It's past the deadline. I heard they need that in _____ (the province where my program is)"

When I applied, I read all the websites with regard to requirement and I do not recall any requirement for that particular licensing. Nonetheless, I called my program and tried to explain the situation.
However, I did not realize that the official Match Result day for Canada is next Tues.

Is this a Match Violation if I did not obtain any information illegally or unethically?

And,

Would it be a violation if I volunteered the information to the other party involved (namely the program) because I had legit issues concerning my residency training?

Will the program director report me for that?

What specialty program did you match into in Canada? And was it difficult going through the Canadian match?

In my mind, there is no violation.
You didn't do anything wrong.

It would be like if I only ranked 1 program.
I'd get an email on that Monday saying I matched. I'd know where it was.

As for your other part, I can't comment, but make sure you get as answer ASAP.

I have my deans and registrar officers working on that too. So far, the answer we got from the licensure officer is okay. BUT, nothing from the GME office yet (I still don't think they will help me until I get the official result indicating that I have matched there)

What specialty program did you match into in Canada? And was it difficult going through the Canadian match?

Not difficult at all because they view USMG as their own and if you are coming from a good school, they are more than happy to interview you.